Monday, December 15, 2008

My Grown Up Christmas List

I needed so practice with ink, so I did a sketchbook Christmas List.  

A Majolica Tea Set and the Perfect Pair of Shoes


Mark Jacobs Flamingo Mouse Dress and Mouse Flats and a Watch


Dolce & Gabbana Regina Coat and Prada PR 18IS Sunglasses


My Future Scottish Terrier


and this guy.....



...and I found this book today...
The Big Fat Duck Cookbook by Heston Blumenthal including over 60 illustrations by Dave McKean.  This book is a monster and I am wondering who, other than Martha Stewart, can afford a $250 cookbook.  Below is a piece of McKean's work from the book.
Just reminding myself of all the things I want and can not have.  It's like getting a giant sirynge full of "work harder" "think smarter"  and "aim higher".

3 comments:

Rick Lovell said...

Quite a list, and nicely done... hope you get everything you want, including Mr. Tebow;-0

maggieblairboyd said...

Including the cost of Tebow I'm pretty sure we are looking a seven figures here. Now how many spot illustrations is this going to take? I may spend the rest of forever just trying to work out the math.

T. McKay Battles said...

that cookbook was in gq. it's pretty awesome. if you're into $250 cookbooks ...